Saturday, April 23, 2016

Perth Trip, Winter 2015 - Part 2

Perth city is beautiful! It definitely sit among top position of my list of cities that I like. Should I say I was in love with beauty of Perth. I just like the way it is. The weather, the plants, the peoples, the place. Perth setting is extraordinary. It sits on the banks of Swan River, bluish in colour and wide enuff to look like a lake. And the river gets wider towards the ocean. Perth has a huge beautiful park, i.e. the famous Kings Park. As the matter of fact, Kings Park held the prestige of the city. The most stunning park I’ve ever visited so far, so to say proudly, personally. I didn’t like it, but I loved it. It is not an ordinary park. It sit on top of hilly area with a stunning panoramic view over the city and Swan river! It is grand. Where else in the world you could find a city park with the same setting? Filled in every corners with all the Aussie native species of bushes plants that well-maintained, you wont get tired to learn about it. Not to mention the lovely tall shady gum trees lines up along the main drive.



 
It was winter month. The weather is kinda cold in the morning, tahap keluar asap bila bercakap. And it gets warmer as day goes. Temperature range between 8 to 18 degree C, mild chilly and easy breezy. The first two days the sky was blue, bright and shiny. So nice. Unfortunately on day 3, thick grey cloud appeared on the sky. Gloomy. Scattered showers at few times thru out the day. Photos taken didn't look as nice despite it is still the same city.
 
 


A bunch of modern highrises in the central district looks elegant. Further towards the river banks, I passed by the quarters where European style establishment dated over 100 years back gives me the sense of the colonial hey days. The esplanade surrounding the city is equipped with cyclying track, as far as I observed. How lucky they are, could own a bicycle and cycle miles after miles in the city, no worry on the hectic traffic, I wish I could do that. And the houses in Perth, they are nice, a mix of Medditerranean with English styles.



 
Oh ya, being here, it reminds me again about the friendliness and politeness of mat salleh peoples. They are warm and respectful to each others. If we watch the TV series or Movies with period back time setting, we could observe their manners, how they greet and address each others, with honour, although one don’t have socialite status. And the traits still been practice until now. They say hi and thank you to the bus driver whenever hop on or hop off. The same at the cashier counter. At least they smile. One morning, I sat on the bench in quiet corner at the Kings Park, having my laptop on my lap, writing my manuscript while embracing the serenity, few locals passing-by greets me with a smile on face. I responded the same way, it warmed my heart.
 

 
TBC.

2 comments:

  1. nice bro. too bad...i went there during summer..panas giler..hence...tadelah option nak berjalan around the king's park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. too bad... I guess the Kings Park during summer pun wont be as green, nice and pretty with flowers blooming like the cold months...

      Delete